Oh… Well, that’s unpleasant. I cannot interfere, however.
Huh? What’s going on? Site-17 has been awfully quiet. Did another Site blow up?
Blood. That was unusual. Cain decided to partly investigate it and then use the opportunity to look for the usb. The blood can be investigated thoroughly by anyone else but the usb was his mission. If anything he can report the blood on his way out.
Caym nodded. “I see, precautions are only good. Builds discipline. Besides inter-dimensional travel is not always clean and pretty, now is it?”
Cain looked at him worriedly. “What do you mean by that?”
"Well, if you mess up the ritual you can end up appearing in a different dimension without a leg or an arm but that’s beyond the point." The double shrugged.
"I see… Well, this is our time to say goodbyes, right, Tack?" Cain smiled sheepishly. For some reason he looked shy and smaller than usual.
What position does your character sleep in? ( i.e; stomach, side, back, etc. ) Describe why they do this — optional.
Caym can actually sleep like a bird in a weird squatting pose, but as a human his balance skills are worse but yes he often sleeps in hummingbird form perched on whatever thing he can sit on. In human form he tends to spread all over the place and roll and move and he is not in a constant pose. I guess he feels more freedom subconsciously. It also means he feels safe.
Are they a quick thinker or do they need time to sort through their thoughts?
Cain tends to think and daydream. If he’s stressed out his mind becomes a total jumble and sometimes he will get ‘stuck’ and not talk because he has no idea what to say and what is the best idea. He’s emotional so he’s afraid that heart will take over mind which is another reason why he prefers slow thinking.
If you were to pick one song — and only one song — to describe your character, what would it be and why?
Song for Cain - Šonakt neguļ tik daudzi by Prāta vētra
Considering the fact it’s a Latvian song I cannot escape explanations. First of all the translation of the title - “So many not sleeping tonight”. In a more primitive sense it is literally a song about not being able to sleep but there is an interesting inner monologue. A lot of philosophy about how different people are and how they chase their dreams. I think the idea about not being able to sleep means that there is a dream that cannot be achieved therefore the person cannot sleep, there is a line about exchanging stars for a dream. Which explains Cain a lot - both literally and figuratively. He cannot sleep so he has a lot of time to himself but he also has plenty of dreams that are unachievable and sometimes even stars seem more approachable than the things he wants. So he spends his days thinking about fate and how different people act and what his place in the world is.
Song for Caym - Cocaine by Nomy
The cocaine part is slightly irrelevant because Caym has nothing to do with drug abuse or any other addictions but this:
"Now it’s too late, too late to live
only heaven loves you now
so love it back for once
works for Caym because he was equally betrayed by life and death, salvation is his only hope but as we know Caym has ascended to be a Daevite champion and maybe even that won’t work out for him. I haven’t listened to any depressing songs in any time but this speaks to me for Caym. The whole ‘it’s alright for now but it will go to shit soon and only a drastic measure can ‘save’ you’, he is stuck in a dead end.
Your character has been granted 3 wishes; what would they wish for and why?
1) to be freed from the curse along with his brother
2) to gain forgiveness from his brother
3) for all Daevite artifacts to vanish so the terrible race can do no harm anymore
1) freedom from the Daevites
2) a mortal body and a chance to restart a normal life
3) all memories about his brother wiped away
Does your character trust people right off the bat or does it take them some time to warm up to someone?
If you’re kind and Cain hasn’t hear any bad rumors he will trust a person, he can be a bit naive sometimes but Cain can ‘sense’ if a person is trustworthy or not so his gut feeling usually turns him away from shady individuals.
Caym on the other hand does NOT trust people. It takes a lot of time for him to warm up but at the same he can go from ‘I hate you’ to ‘We’re cool now’ so if he dislikes you at first doesn’t mean it’s a lost cause.
Do they have any weird bedroom habits? Any unusual kinks?
Bedroom habits lol. Anyways, bedroom rituals. Cain doesn’t have any special rituals since his sleep cycle is irregular and sometimes he can drop cold out in the middle of a hallway. When he wakes up, however, he is quite disoriented. Sometimes he talks in a mix of Sumerian and Daevan and whatever other language he wants. Sometimes he asks for the year and date and is distressed before his memories settle down.
Caym on the other hand can control his sleeping urges but he doesn’t need to sleep. If he feels like sleeping he just gets ready for it and finds a place to sleep.
I’ll explain HOW they sleep in an another post.
Does your character have any noteworthy features? Freckles? Dimples? A scar somewhere unusual? etc.
Cain - metal limbs, mark on forehead, unnatural eye color
Caym - carapace on limbs, markings all over body/carapace
How does your character perceive themselves? Positive? Negative? Neutral?
Cain struggles between negative and neutral. Sometimes he feels like a burden and he just wants to give up on his mission and never leave the containment chamber but sometimes he feels better and believes in himself. He depends a lot on validation from others.
Caym is more neutral, he has stopped giving a shit about everything, including himself. His huge betrayal tore him apart but then he simply went ‘meh, fuck it’ and became more of a rebel. He has hit rock bottom so you cannot make him hate himself, been there done that.
If your character was suddenly challenged, would they rather run away or stay and fight?
Cain would run away without second thought.
Caym would fight. First he would test the waters in his regular form, if the enemy was strong he’d turn to his ascended form. Sometimes Caym reverts to hummingbird form simply to mess with his foe. He has a little beak perfect for plucking out eyes after all.
Describe 5 unusual characteristics your muse has
Metal limbs, everyone knows that.His eyes are not simply blue, they are unnaturally electric blue, many people note that, some feel intimidated, some feel welcomed, nobody knows why such an effect.
Only grows hair on face and head, absolutely clean everywhere else.
His limbs can technically bend at unnatural angles without pain. Cain isn’t very flexible,however.
His spine is very, very, very sensitive.
Instead of armored limbs he has a carapace that sheds periodically, he has actual skin on his soles/hands though, the carapace is like an outer armor.
Makes bird noises when he’s happy, can imitate most bird sounds.Default expression is usually grumpy, he looks unapproachable. Has a very sinister aura.
Can turn into a hummingbird, he cannot talk in this form but he retains human intellect.
Second demon form is more menacing, however Caym can transform in his ascended form for short periods of time, usually after that he has to regress to hummingbird form.
- What position does your character sleep in? ( i.e; stomach, side, back, etc. ) Describe why they do this — optional.
- Does your character have any noteworthy features? Freckles? Dimples? A scar somewhere unusual? etc.
- Does your character have an accent? What does it sound like?
- Do they have any verbal tics? Do they have trouble pronouncing certain words or getting their thoughts across clearly?
- What are their chief tension areas?
- If you were to pick one song — and only one song — to describe your character, what would it be and why?
- How does your character perceive themselves? Positive? Negative? Neutral?
- Are they a quick thinker or do they need time to sort through their thoughts?
- Does your character dream or are their nights filled with an empty blackness? Describe a dream they’ve had or a night they couldn’t sleep and what they did to preoccupy their time.
- If they had a choice, would they prefer a subway or a bus for public transportation?
- What do they think of creation? Do they believe in evolution or do they believe in God? What is their religion like?
- Describe 5 unusual characteristics your muse has.
- Have they ever been so overwhelmed they had to stop and take a break from something?
- Are they a team player or do they prefer to be solo?
- Can they multi-task or must they focus on one subject at a time?
- What are their best school subjects? What are their worst? List five of each.
- Is your character an introvert or an extrovert? How do they handle big crowds of people?
- Are they a leader, do they prefer to follow, or would they rather just stay on the sidelines altogether?
- If your character was suddenly challenged, would they rather run away or stay and fight?
- If your character was allowed to murder one person without any consequences, who would that person be and why?
- Your character has been granted 3 wishes; what would they wish for and why?
- Does your character trust people right off the bat or does it take them some time to warm up to someone?
- Do they prefer romance or affection? What is the quickest way to your character’s heart?
- Does your character have any enemies? If so, who and why?
- Do they have any weird bedroom habits? Any unusual kinks?
- How does your character prepare for bed? Do they sleep at all or can they stay awake for days on end without trouble?
- If your character had one thing to say to their parents before they died, what would it be?
- Are they afraid of death? Do they have any regrets?
- Does your character get restless when things are too quiet or do they favour solitude and silence? Why?
- Finally; if your character was forced to eat one thing for the rest of their life, what would they choose and why?
Fighting sport… Eh, I could do kickboxing or the like. Or maybe only boxing. My upper body seems to be stronger. I am not much of a runner or jumper but I can land a nice punch.